Tuesday, March 5, 2013

30 things I want my kids to know about me: part 1

I saw this idea in a blog and thought it was a neat idea so I decided to do it. Today's post is 20 random facts about myself.

1. I am somewhat obsessive about having a clean house. I feel like I can't think straight if the house is not picked up. Cleanliness is next to godliness right?

2. I love to read thought provoking books more than anything else. Life of Pi has always been my favorite.

3. I have always been a shy and quiet person. I know some people take me wrong sometimes, thinking I am stuck up but really I am just unsure of myself.

4. You kids are the greatest blessing in my life. I am so lucky to have you.

5. I have very few good friends. The ones I do have though I cherish and can be completely myself with them.

6. Sports have always been a huge part of my life so you better play something so I can re-live my glory days through you lol!

7. I am very tender hearted so don't worry if you see me cry a lot. Even over stupid things. Your dad has learned to deal with it and you will too.

8. Your aunties are my very best friends. I want more than anything for you to have good relationships with each of them. They will all teach you so much about life.

9. On the same note your grandparents are the same. They were the best parents to me and they will be the best grandparents to you. They love you so much.

10. I am so lucky to have married your dad and be a part of his amazing family. Your bubu and tutu in Fiji are such good people and your aunties an uncles are all pretty awesome too!

11. I was a Tom boy growing up and still am at heart.

12. I have a strong testimony of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I hope I can do my best to share that with you.

13. I am very proud of my Native American heritage and can't wait to share that with you. You kids are lucky to have such rich culture and history in your lives from both sides.

14. I am named after my great great grandmother, a full-blooded Shoshone Indian.

15. Cheesecake is my favorite dessert EVER.

16. My favorite hobby is photography. I love taking pictures, people on Instagram probably hate me because I post too many pictures of you guys but I won't apologize for that. I will never regret taking too many pictures, I would only regret not doing it.

17. I love learning and hope you will be the same. I miss school a lot.

18. I miss being able to contribute financially to our family but count myself so blessed to be able to stay home with you.

19. Some of my favorite people are old people. I love hearing their stories about life and learning from their wisdom.

20. I want to travel the world and can't wait to do it with you kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment