Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SoCal

A couple of weeks ago my family met up for a vacation down in Southern California. Last minute we found out Vito could not go because he got scheduled to work so that was a bummer! We had a lot of fun together. Our first night there we all went to the Huntington Beach street fair. It was fun to see all the performers and the fun booths.

On Wednesday we went to Disneyland. It was the first time most people in my family had ever been. It was fun to see Claire get excited about all of the characters. We went on a few rides (Indiana Jones, Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Teacups, Splash Mountain) and just enjoyed the day!


The next day we spent the day at the beach swimming and surfing. I had tried surfing once before and did not get up. This time was the same story! The one time I was almost up ended in a disaster. I looked to my right and Steve, who had already gotten up, came and hit me head on, knocked me off my board, and I ended up under water with his rip cord wrapped around my neck and arm. It was pretty scary! I ended up with a big bruise on my arm and one on my chin/neck. I'm not too sure I will try surfing again anytime soon.

On Friday everyone left but me and I was able to spend Friday and most of Saturday with Al and Steve. We had a lot of fun. Friday night we decided to make our own blow-dart guns and they turned out to be a huge success!

All in all it was a great trip (would have been better if Vito could have come) but I had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment